This morning, Steve Jobs at last introduced an finish to all this fiasco through&#one hundred sixty;unveiling&#a hundred and sixty;iPad&#one hundred sixty;at&#a hundred and sixty;Yara Buena Center in San Francisco. Here is what you all need to know about Apple iPad.
- Will run all of your existing iPhone Apps and Games
- iBooks – Book Store like Amazon
- iWorks Suite of Apps
- .5 inches thin and weighs 1.5 lbs
- 9.7 inch IPS Capacitive multitouch display
- 1GHz proc Apple A4 chip (PA Semi!)
- Comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- 802.11n WiFi, BT 2.1 and Compass
- 10 hrs working battery life, 1 month standby
No word on the notifications, multitasking and phone calls.
iPad comes in two models, with and without 3G. Price details are as follows. WiFi model will be available at retail in 60 days time while the one with WiFi+3G will be available in 90 days from today.
Activations are handled on the iPad, so you can activate and cancel whenever you want. Every iPad is unlocked and comes with a GSM micro-SIM, so you can use it abroad, but there aren't any international deals in place right now — Steve says they'll be back "this summer" with news on that front.
It starts at $499 for 16GB, 32GB for $599, and $699 64GB. Adding 3G costs a $130 per model, so the most expensive model (64GB / 3G) is $829. The WiFi-only model will ship in 60 days, and the 3G models will come in 90.[via engadget]
Get your ihelplounge t-shirt here. &#a hundred and sixty;