Musclenerdtweeted about doing some last minute tests before releasing the iPhone 3G/3GS downgrade baseband 06.15 to 05.13.04. Users should be able to have GPS locationd and Ultrasn0w working with this process.
In the blog post is posted that the redsn0w update is released in less than an hour.
The baseband 06.15 is currently used to unlock newer baseband (as 5.13.04) on the iPhone 3G/3GS. With the new option is a possible downgrade 5.13.04 to 6.15.00 (even if the base band had never been on 5.13.04).
How to Downgrade Baseband 6.15.00 for iPhone 3G/3GS:
- Use Extras -> Select IPSW in redsn0w to tell the program what firmware version currentlyinstalled on the IOS device.
- Turn on the IOS device controlled from (hold power button down) over the off-Slider. This important step is essential!
- Then go to redsn0w to the Home screen and click jailbreak. Make a hook in there Downgrade Baseband from iPad and uncheck Install Cydia , if Cydia is already installed on your IOS device.
- Now click on Next and follow the steps put into DFU Mode .
After the Pwnapple logo on his iPhone and see the loading bar at the step flashing baseband is reached, since the process takes a long time you may NOT touch the device more for the next 3-8 minutes!
The downgrade will take longer and may be interrupted under any circumstances. If the process has finished, launch the new iPhone by itself.
- iPhone 3G users can not unlock baseband device it first on the iPad baseband 6.15.00 update to 05.13.04 and then downgrade the baseband.
- iPhone 3GS users, the device in the 34th Week was established in 2011 or later, may not install the iPad baseband.
- Whether it has such an iPhone 3GS, can be verified by serial number. When the third, fourth and fifth numbers read from left to right are 134 or higher (xx134..), Is that allowed 6.15 baseband not install it on his iPhone 3GS. There will be a brick of the baseband chip, so a downgrade and the normal use of the iPhone is no longer possible ( phone, SMS, WiFi, Bluetooth does not work anymore ).
If you still have questions regarding Downgrade Baseband 06.15 Last Minute Tests, you can either leave us a comment on our Facebook page, Follow us on twitter, add us on your Google+ circle to Keep up to date.