Kodi 17.1 IPA file is now compatible with iOS 10. You can install it on your device without the need of having your (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) devices jailbroken. The enhanced version 17.1 is more stable than the previous version. To install, proceed to the following steps below.
Requirements to Install Kodi 17.1 on iOS:
- PC running Windows, Linux or Mac
- Cydia Impactor
- IPA File
With Cydia Impactor you can install all ipa applications, even those not on the Apple Store. Impactor is available for various systems so you can follow this procedure on both Windows and Linux and Mac
How to download Kodi 17.1 on iOS 10
- Download iTunes on your pc from here if you have not done so yet
- Download Kodi 17i 17.1 Krypton IPA file from here.
- Download Cydia Impactor program for your operating system (we’ve done it from Windows): DOWNLOAD
- Connect your iOS to your PC and when you start iTunes shut it down, otherwise it will not work
- Click on the Impactor.exe file to start the program
- The program should recognize that your iOS is connected
The following steps is a bit tricky and appears the most “difficult” part: to install Code 17.1 you will have to drag the Code_Krypton_17.1.ipa file that you downloaded to the Impactor window; You just have to drag the IPA file downloaded over to Cydia Impactor window. For ease, minimize the window so you can see what you are doing.
At this stage, Cydia Impactor will say for your email and passwords are wrong. If you have enabled two-factor authentication for Apple id, the above procedure crashes. Just make sure that to temporarily disable two-factor authentication, install by following the guide, and then reactivate two-factor authentication. Alternatively, you can create a specific app password and insert it at the start of Impactor.
- To disable two-factor authentication, go the Settings / iCloud / Password and Security path
The code is now installed perfectly but is not yet usable due to Apple’s protection for programs installed from unofficial sources. Then, to enable Kodi on your iOS device;
- Click on Settings / General / Device Manager
- Click on your email that you find on the right beneath the entry APP DEVELOPER
- Now click on Code and finally on Authorize
- Now that Code is Verified, you can start it from the main menu by clicking on the icon
Kodi 17.1 IPA shuold be installed on iPad and iPhone with iOS 10 with no problem but the performance unfortunately is not comparable to those seen on PC and Android. Although it is possible to install all the add-ons, including the Mod Code, the PVR Client continues to crash and some add-ons do not work properly.