Shortly after the statements by Apple CEO, FireCore released a new version of Seas0nPass, tool to jailbreak the Apple TV 2G, the last ATV releasable. This is great news for users who still have the second generation of Apple TV and want to keep the jailbreak.
The new version is 0.9.7 and Seas0nPass is in beta, but supports OS X 10.11 El Capitan and the latest firmware of the second-generation Apple TV, which is version 6.2.1 (equivalent to iOS 7.1.2) . Then you have the list of new features included Seas0nPass 0.9.7.
What is new in 0.9.7 Seas0nPass
This beta is available only for Mac.
This version works on 5.3 (untethered) and allows you to install 6.2.1 (tethered) by right-clicking on the Create IPSW button.
The tethered jailbreak for 6.2.1 is (for now), so please make sure you know what that means before doing so.
For those who do not know, “tethered” means “tied”, meaning they have to connect the Apple TV to the tool and run “Boot Tethered” every time you want to start the device.
In this jailbreak participated @pod2g and @iH8sn0w, the first of which happened to be in the background in the scene of iOS since TAIG and Pangu came into play. In my opinion, it has been involved in this project to show that is still active.
How to jailbreak with Seas0nPass
- Make sure we have the latest version of iTunes.
- Download Seas0nPass 0.9.7.
- Make sure that no iPhone, iPod or iPad is connected the computer prior running Seas0nPass .
- Click on “Create IPSW”. The tool will download the latest firmware for the Apple TV and create a custom firmware Seas0nPass FireCore launches Apple TV 2G 0.9.7 to 6.2.1
- You will be asked to connect Apple TV to your computer. Do so then press the Menu and Play/Pause buttons together for seven seconds until you see a small flashing light on the front of the Apple TV. iTunes should recognize the device and start the restoration process.
How to tethered jailbreak
Step 1: Disconnect the Apple TV from your computer (if it was connected after jailbreak).
Step 2:Selected “Boot Tethered” .Seas0nPass-4.2.1-Untethered
Step 3: connect the Apple TV to the computer with the cable.
Step 4:In the menu and Play / Pause buttons pressed for 7 seconds.
Step 5: . The process will take place and the Apple TV may be used normally. When we return to off, we will have to start it with this process.