The iPhone 7 most anticipated new feature was to have a home button that will not fail, sensitive to pressure and provide a physical response so that we know when to stop applying pressure. That’s fine, but how can force a reboot or will the iPhone 7 into DFU mode without pushing the home button?
How could it be otherwise, Apple has already sought an alternative that will allow us to perform these two processes without sinking the new home button. Given that the iPhone 7 still has two physical buttons, all you had to do was replace the home button by one of them.
Put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode
The process is very simple and it will be if you know how to do with a previous iPhone. Not to confuse those who knew not how to do before, these are the steps to put an iPhone without mechanical Home button in DFU mode:
- Tun off your iPhone.
- Use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- This is what is different from previous generations: Hold down on the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the power (On/Off button).. .Let go power Button but keep holding the volume down button for about 5 seconds
- Hold at least for 10 seconds (make sure you don’t see neither the Apple logo or iTunes logo, if it happens, then you held it for too long and you will need to restart the all process again)
If everything goes well, you will your iPhone should stay black, which means, it is in DFU mode.
If this failed you, something went wrong, you can also try a second option, which is the most widespread on the web and have it available in our article on how to Put the iPhone into DFU Mode.
Reboot your iPhone 7
With the arrival of the new Home button on Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus has provided a new key combination to force a restart of the device and does not involve this button.
The steps are as follows:
- Hold down the power key on the right side of the device.
- While holding down this key also press the volume button on the left side.
- Keep both keys until your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears.
Voila!!! As you can see the mechanism is the same, only it changed pressing the Home button by one of the volume buttons for a few seconds.