Following the presentation of the new Pixel devices , including Google Pixel and Pixel XL, the Mountain View company did not taken too long to communicate other great news: the official launch of the next Android Nougat version.. This is Android 7.1 Developer Preview, and although not the final version, itself is a version for developers, which means that the final version will soon be falling.
In the statement, from AndroidCentral, explained that this preview will be revealed at the end of this month of October, 18 days to be exact, so that all users who want to experience this new update on your terminal, especially in Nexus and Pixel smartphones.
This version brings several new features of some importance, as the inclusion of support for Daydream, the new Google to enjoy virtual reality. Incorporates an API, ie a repository for developers, in which several shortcuts for the new launcher included. In addition, the keyboard will have the ability to perform certain actions via a code implemented. developers are also allowed in this version the ability to clear memory storage device.
- App shortcuts API — lets you surface key actions directly in the launcher and take your users deep into your app instantly. You can create up to 5 shortcuts, either statically or dynamically.
- Circular app icons support — lets you provide great-looking rounded icon resources that match the look of Pixel and other launchers.
- Enhanced wallpaper metadata — lets you provide metadata about your wallpapers to any picker displaying the wallpapers as a preview. You can show existing metadata such as label, description, and author, as well as a new context URL and title to link to more information.
- Image keyboard support — expands the types of content that users can enter from their keyboards, letting them express themselves through custom stickers, animated gifs, and more. Apps can tell the keyboard what types of content they accept, and keyboards can deliver all of the images and other content that they offer to the user. For broad compatibility, this API will also be available in the support library.
- Storage manager Intent — lets an app take the user directly to a new Settings screen to clear unused files and free up storage space on the device.
- APIs to support multi-endpoint calling and new telephony configuration options.
What does not, and unsurprisingly, is Assitant Google Android 7.1, so you have to wait for the free Google definitively in December to see this virtual assistant. According to the statement, it will be available for Google Nexus 5X, 6P, the tablet Pixel C, and of course the flamboyant Pixel and Pixel XL.
They also could have referred to other smartphone such as the LG V20 or Moto Z also enjoy this update, and will not be affected by the change of course.