Now Google sync contacts with Apple mobile devices can use the protocol CardDAV. This was announced by the company today at the support site in Import, export and synchronize your contacts.
CardDAV open protocol allows you to add, edit or delete contacts in the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, as well as to use the same contact list as on a desktop computer and on your phone or tablet.
Sync with CardDAV can only be done via a secure SSL protocol for devices running the operating system iOS 5 and above. To sync contacts with i-devaysom, follow these steps:
Open the Settings application on your device.
• Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
• Select Add Account…
• Select Other
• Select Add CardDAV Account
• Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Server: Enter “google.com”
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step -verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
• Select Next at the top of your screen.
• Make sure that the “Contacts” option is turned to ON.
During setup, open the Contacts application on your device. Synchronization will begin automatically.
If you have any problems with synchronization, follow these steps:
- In the “Settings” menu, open the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and in the “Accounts” locate the account CardDAV. In line account must be set to “On”.
- If you specify this option in the menu below, click Advanced, and make sure that the switch from the Use SSL is set to “On”.
- If that does not work, click Finish in the top of the screen to apply the account settings.
- If you did not manage to synchronize contacts with CardDAV, sign in to your Google. You will see a warning that was made suspicious login to your account. Confirm that it is you