Web Tethering is a course of which lets you use your iPhone as a wi-fi modem to share its Web reference to a pc by means of USB cable or Bluetooth interface. There had been a couple of hacks floating across the net to permit this performance, particularly for AT&T consumer in the United States, then again, the most recent iPhone firmware three.1.2 has blocked all these hacks this means that that tethering will not be just right for you when you have up to date to firmware three.1.2. Thankfully, there may be an app known as “MyWi” which will let tethering on all iPhones (together with 2G/3G/3GS) working three.1.2 firmware with only a contact of a finger!
Features of MyWi 3.1.8:
- Create WiFi Hotspot to connect mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone’’s internet connection
- 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
- Ability to enable USB and Bluetooth Tethering on your iPhone as well
- Uses less battery and much faster then PdaNet due to native routing
- Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) – no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
- Enable iPhone USB/Bluetooth tethering – even on firmware 3.1!
- Shows up and down bandwith usage
Follow the steps below to enable Internet Tethering on your iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS running firmware 3.1.2:
NOTE: The following procedure requires a jailbroken iPhone running on firmware 3.1.2. Follow the step-by-step guide posted here as a way to jailbreak your iPhone (2G, 3G and 3GS) on iPhone firmware three.1.2.
Step 1: Goto Cydia, seek for “MyWi” app and set up it. MyWi may even set up "RockApp” as part of its bundle. Set up RockApp manually if it isn’t put in routinely with MyWi app.
Step 2: Now begin RockApp and create a free Rock ID for your self.
Step three: Sign up the usage of this ID in RockApp and also you will have to now see an replace to MyWi app. Restart your iPhone as soon as the replace has been efficiently put in.
Step four: Begin MyWi app and activate the choice for USB/Bluetooth tethering.
Step 5: Now merely navigate to Settings->Normal->Community->Web Tethering for your iPhone and activate the toggle for Web Tethering.
That’s it! Inquire from me any query must you run into drawback in enabling Tethering for your iPhone operating firmware three.1.2.