Nexus S is the new mobile created by Google, in conjunction with Samsung. The same will integrate the latest operating system Android 2.3 Gingerbread , which can be downloaded to the Samsung S Galaxy .Gingerbread Android 2.3 works on all phones<
span> Samsung Galaxy S, except for Verizon Fascinate.
Here, we present a step by step guide to install Android Gingerbread 2.3 on Samsung Galaxy S. However, remember that we are not responsible for any damages that may be caused to your mobile phone as the implementation of this practice. Therefore, the steps in this guide will be executed at your own risk. If you have no experience running custom kernels on your device, we recommend you refrain from performing these steps.
As has been confirmed by some users who have installed the Samsung Gingerbread S Galaxy, there are some applications which are not working, within which are GPS and WiFi, among others, regardless of which operating system remains a quite functional.
Before starting the installation process, you must meet the following requirements:
– Have a root device.
– / Data partition (data partition) converted to ext4, using a lagfix Ext4 as lagfix Voodoo.
– Busybox have installed on your device.
– Install Odin and Heimdall on your computer.
– Install Android SDK on your computer.
* Make a copy of safety(backup) of the current operating system you have on your mobile.
* Download the dump system the link at the bottom of this post and save it in the root of your SD card.
* Upload a command prompt window, navigate to the tools directory of the Android SDK and enter the following commands:
cd / data
busybox tar zxvf / sdcard / system-dump-as-root.tar.gz
busybox cp-a / efs efs
Download Nexus S kernel link you provided below and unzip nsonsgs.tar.zip nsonsgs.tar. To reproduce the kernel on your device you can use Odin and Heimdall. Be sure not to make a re-partition (or a new partition).After playing the kernel, please reboot your device.
Now your Samsung S Galaxy will be operating under the Nexus S Gingerbread . If you require any further assistance, please contact the user very cute, who was the first to perform this feat, by clicking the following link to XDA-Developers.
For more coverage on iHelplounge:
- Follow us on twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to our Feed
- Get your ihelplounge T-shirt
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel