The next step to step information will make the method will information you on your complete process. Allow us to proceed then. This PS3 Hack means that you can Pirate PS3 video games, Run Linux OS, Play PS1, PS2 Video games on PS3.
KakaRoto has announced the details of the hack.
First CFW working. Grab http://bit.ly/hszcH3, then “./create_cfw.sh PS3UPDAT.355.PUP CFW.PUP”. Permanently adds “install pkg files” menu.
Folks at PS3hacks has detailed the process.
How to install Custom Firmware on PS3 for Pirated Games, OtherOS/Linux Support [PS3 Slim, Fat]
Download ps3 utilities and ps3 tools from github / team fail0verflow using these commands on your Linux PC:
git clone https://github.com/kakaroto/ps3utils.git
git clone git://git.fail0verflow.com/ps3tools.git
cp pkg unpkg ../ps3utils
- Grab the PS3 encryption/decryption/signing keys from github:
git clone https://github.com/kakaroto/ps3keys.git ~/.ps3
- Download PS3 3.55 (or whatever official firmware PUP) from here
- Extract and copy “PS3UPDAT.PUP” to the “ps3utils” directory
- Create the PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) from the original/official update (OFW):
./create_cfw.sh PS3UPDAT.PUP CFW.PUP
- Copy and rename CFW.PUP to a USB storage device keeping this directory structure in mind: /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Connect that USB device to your PS3 and install from Settings -> System Update
If you’re currently running 3.41 (or earlier) you can either remain there and create a specific CFW PUP for that version, or you can upgrade to a later PS3 firmware version, like 3.55 for example. It’s whatever original PUP file you use – only you cannot flash a version lower than the current version installed on your PS3. So if you’re already at 3.55, where you’re unable to downgrade, then for the moment you have no other choice but CFW (or OFW) 3.55. 3.41 on the other hand: upgrade or create CFW 3.41 and for the interim you’re still able to jailbreak and run unsigned ‘brews. See the other notes below.
Download: PS3 CFW 3.41