We have talked several times hackers try to bring the voice assistant Siri – reserved for the iPhone 4S – on older iDevices . Indeed, it is not very complicated now since you can perform the task yourself. Only problem is, and surely it will take time, the connection to Apple's servers does not work. Indeed, this is to transfer the interface of Siri, neither more nor less. Thank you not notice in the comments your nervousness because Siri does not work, you have been warned. Well, up to the tutorial.
- iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3G, 4G iPod touch jailbroken iOS 5
- These files extracted from an iPhone 4S - Download
- OpenSSH installed through Cydia and iFile
- An FTP / SFTP (WinSCP for Windows and Mac OS X CyberDuck for example)
Note : If you perform this tutorial, you take responsibility. Neither iHelplounge nor myself are responsible for your actions. The method described below is presented for information purposes and is not intended to make you change an Apple product.
1. Extract the files included in the archive "Siri.zip" previously downloaded.
2. Open your FTP client / SFP and enter the requested information.
- Host name: Enter the IP on your network that is in Settings> WiFi> blue arrow next to your network
- User name: : root
- Password: alpine (If you have changed, enter the new)
3. Once connected, go to the folder / System / Library / PrivateFrameworks / and copy AssistantServices.framework (located in the unzipped files).
4. Go to / System / Library / CoreServices / SpringBoard.app and copy all files in SpringBoard_Assistant_pics (located in the unzipped files).
5. From your iPhone / iPod touch, open the application iFile (available on Cydia) and go back into / System / Library / CoreServices / SpringBoard.app . Once inside, you must edit a file. For iPhone, this is the N90AP.plist . For iPod touch is N81AP.plist. Open to cha
nge, enter these lines:
<key> 720p </ key> <true/> <key> assistant </ key> <true/>
6. Make a respring your device. If everything went well, you're supposed to have the interface Siri holding the HOME button for 2-3 seconds.
Note: If this is not the case, in step 3, replace the AssistantServices.framework used by this one .
Need some help?
If you have problems in one step, or an error is displayed, you can either leave us a comment or on our Facebook page to reach. I try as quickly as possible to answer your questions and I will guarantee to respond to every comment.