The Dev-Team has updated its software jailbreak, RedSn0w for Windows. This update allows up to jailbreak the iPhone 3G and the iPod Touch 2G with the firmare 4.0 Gold Master. We recall that in the Gold Master version of iOS 4, there is no need UDID. Here’s a guide:
1. Install RedSn0w:
1. Connect iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
2. Start Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5-1. Click on Browse and select iOS 4.0 on your desktop, then click Next.
3. Select ” Install Cydia “and click” Next“.
4. An automated process will start. it will download and patch the kernel.
5. Put your device in DFU mode in order to perform the jailbreak. (DFU mode : simultaneously press the HOME button and the POWER for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power
button only and keep pressing the HOME button until iTunes recognizes a new device in recovery mode.)
6. When the iPhone will work again, the Cydia icon will be white and the application does not contain any source. Add the source: apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 without paying attention to errors. When restart Cydia, logo respawn and all the usual sources.
2. Enable multitasking
1. IFile or Install OpenSSH on your iPhone, and open the file N82AP.pli which is located in the following folder:
PATH: / System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/N82AP.pli
2. Click Edit and look for lines:
<key> WiFi </ key>
3. Writing just below these lines:
Multitasking <key> / key>
<Wallpaper <key>-screen host / key>
4. Then click Save and exit
5. Reboot the iPhone, and voila, you have multitasking!
We recall that if Apple decided to stop the execution of multitasking on some devices, it is not for nothing! Indeed these devices are not powerful enough, and this feature has a strong impact on performance.
- Download iOS 4.0 Gold Master for iPod Touch 2G or 3G iPhone
- Download iTunes 9.2 for Windows
- Have an iPhone 2G or 3G iPhone with iOS 4.0 Gold Grasp put in above, and Windows. Additionally maintain iOS to your personal computer.
- Obtain Redsn0w 5-1 zero.9.5 Beta for Windows