Apple up to date iOS 4.1 version. The software RedSn0w for Windows and Mac OS X is able to jailbreak iOS 4.1 new version, but only on the iPod Touch 2G (Model No-MC). The exploit can also usurped the iphone 3G, but we recommend that you do not do it because there are numerous bugs with WiFi and the disappearance of many icons. Here is a tutorial for the iPod Touch 2G.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 for iPod touch 2G (No MC) with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5-5
The steps are the same on Mac OS X and Windows.
1. Connect iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
2. Start Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5-5. Click on Browse and select your desktop iOS 4.0.1 (include Redsn0w iOS 4.0.1 only and not the 4.1 iOS even if you’re running iOS 4.1), then click Next.
3. Select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.
4. An automated process will start. it will download and patch the kernel.
5. Put your device in DFU mode in order to perform the jailbreak. (DFU mode: simultaneously press the HOME button and the POWER for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button only and keep pressing the HOME button until iTunes recognizes a new device in recovery mode.)
6. When the iPhone will work again, the Cydia icon will be white and the application does not contain any source. Add the source: apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 without paying attention to errors.When restart Cydia, logo respawn and all the usual sources.
- Download iOS 4.0.1 (yes this is version 4.0.1) for iPod Touch 2G by following this link here
- 10 iTunes installed on your computer
- Have an iPod Touch 2G (Not Mk) with iOS 4.1 installed on it. Also keep iOS 4.1 on your desktop.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 for Mac
Download Redsn0w zero.9.5 Beta 5 for Home windows.