1. Create a folder known as “jailbreak” for your computer. Obtain the iPhone 3GS three.1 firmware and PwnageTool three.1.three on your “jailbreak” folder. Make sure to obtain the fitting recordsdata… I counsel you obtain the three.1 firmware the use of FireFox as a result of Safari sucks and might lead to issues.
2. Replace iTunes to the newest model to be had. Sync your iPhone to again it up.
three. Launch PwnageTool. You must get a warning message. Conform to it.
4. Now you have the option to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS in “simple mode” or “expert mode”. For the sake of this tutorial, we will choose “simple mode”.
5. Select your device. A green check-mark will appear. Click the blue arrow to continue.
6. If PwnageTool doesn’t automatically find the correct IPSW file, click “Browse for IPSW” and locate it (it should be in your “jailbreak folder”). Click the blue arrow to continue.
7. You will now get a message that tells you that you are going to create a custom IPSW that will be saved on your desktop. Click OK arrow to continue.
8. PwnageTool will now ask you if you have a contract that you would normally activate through iTunes. Click YES if you use an official carrier (such as AT&T in the US, Roger in Canada, etc…). If you are not using an official carrier, then say NO.
9. PwnageTool will now start building your custom IPSW. Be patient…
10. Once the building process is over, you will get a message asking you to close PwnageTool, put your iPhone 3GS into recovery mode, start iTunes and restore with you
r new custom firmware. Click OK to continue.
11. Launch iTunes and plug your iPhone. In iTunes, “margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; “>hold the “Alt/Option” key and click “Restore” at the same time. DO NOT click “Restore” without holding the “Alt/Option” key! A dialog box will pop up and you’ll be able to choose the custom IPSW file you created that was saved to your desktop.
12. Navigate to your pc to choose your customized three.1 firmwareiPhone2,1_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw. iTunes will now restoration your iPhone the use of this tradition firmware. It might probably take a little time so calm down and don’t stress out.
thirteen. When finished, your iPhone will reboot.
14. You now have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS operating OS three.1.
In case you have any query, please ask within the feedback.