In a nutshell, the iPad is certainly an outsized iPod contact/iPhone except for for iBooks Retailer and iWorks Suite of apps. Given that iPhone, iPod contact and iPad makes use of the identical OS ( iPhone OS), the feel and appear is typically the identical all through the three iDevices apart from for few tweaks right here and there within the iPhone OS 3.2 operating on the iPad.
Now if you wish to make your iPhone and iPod contact to seem precisely just like the iPad, merely practice the steps as proven within the video beneath to get the identical lockscreen and springboard historical past, service emblem which reads “iPad”, an iBooks like app, New York Occasions reader, your entire Kindle books catalog and rather more.
ou will wish to have a jailbroken iPhone 3G or 2G running iPhone 3.1.2 firmware to get this working. Follow the instructions posted here to first jailbreak your iPhone if you haven’t already and then download and install the following in this order.
- Winterboard app via Cydia
- “Simple iPad Theme” via Cydia
- MakeItMine app via Cydia to Change the Carrier logo to iPad.
- Shrink app via Cydia to reduce the size of all the icons on the springboard.
- ProSwitcher via Cydia for Multitasking.
- NYTimes – The New York Times app for iPhone via App Store
- Classics – The iBooks lookalike app for iPhone via App Store
- Kindle for iPhone via App Store