As we know, Apple released iOS 6.1.2 and, as it turned out, it did not take Evad3rs team to release an update to the jailbreak tool Evasi0n to version 1.4 to support the new firmware. The steps below will guide you on how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 and give you all the compatible devices.
Step 1. Before you start with the untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1.2, make sure that your iOS-device can handle the jailbreak process. Evasi0n support is more or less new gadgets, such as:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad Mini
- iPod touch 5G
- iPod touch 4G
- Apple TV 2G
Older devices in which iOS 6.x can not be installed, receptively not compatible with Evasi0n:
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G
- iPod Touch 1G
- iPod touch 2G
- iPod touch 3G
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 3 since it han’t been able to be jailbroken yet
Step 2. Make sre to backup your data – either through iTunes or iCloud.
Step 3. Install iOS 6.1.2 firmware , it is recommended to do so by restoring through iTunes, but not updates. If you have it already installed, it is recommended again recover it through iTunes. Evasi0n utility supports any existing firmware iOS 6.x, but it is better to install the latest version. It is important to disable the password on your device .
How to untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
- Download and run evasi0n utility
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable
- Run the utility and click Jailbreak
- Wait for the device to reboot and you will see on your desktop icon Jailbreak. Click it.
- Wait for the jailbreak procedure. In the evasi0n icon appears Exit – press to exit the application. The device will reboot again, sometimes more than once. After all that your device should be jailbroken running on iOS 6.1.2
- Now you instrument will have to be jailbroken working on iOS 6.1.2