As promised, Apple released its new firmware iOS 8.4 which brings the arrival of Apple Music, the new streaming music service, in addition to Beats 1, the 24/7 radio.
This new version is available for download from iTunes or your device with the update OTA update proposed in “Settings”.
Remember that all users get 3 months free trial, before moving to $9.99/month or $14.99/month for the family package including 6 people.
As can be seen, the Music app has completely changed and adopts three sections My Music, Playlists and Radio. Apple has simplified navigation also adding gestures. You can also launch a search from the screen at the top magnifying glass icon or view the history of your searches.
Since My Music, you can find your favorite artists, albums and others. Note that a new tab to enable or disable the display of songs purchased on iTunes.
While playing music, a “mini player” is displayed at the bottom of the screen permanently. So you always keep an eye on current music while you stroll through the app.
All the new features included in iOS 8.4:
- Become an Apple Music member to play from millions of songs in the Apple Music catalog, or keep them offline for playback later
- For You: Members can see playlist and album recommendations, handpicked by music experts
- New: Members can find the latest, greatest new music available—direct from our editors
- Radio: Tune in to music, interviews, and exclusive radio shows on Beats 1, play radio stations created by our editors or create your own from any artist or song
- Connect: See shared thoughts, photos, music, and videos from artists you follow, then join the conversation
- My Music: Play from all of your iTunes purchases, songs from Apple Music, and playlists in one place
- Completely redesigned music player that includes new features such as Recently Added, MiniPlayer, Up Next and more
- iTunes Store: Still the best place to buy your favorite music—one song or album at a time
- Availability and features may vary by country
Improvements and bug fixes for iBooks
- Browse, listen and download audiobooks from inside iBooks
- Enjoy the all-new Now Playing feature, designed specifically for audiobooks
- Books that are Made for iBooks now work on iPhone in addition to iPad
- Find and pre-order books in a series right from your library
- Improves accessibility of widgets, glossary and navigation in books made with iBooks Author
- New default Chinese font
- New setting to turn off Auto-Night theme in your library
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented Hide Purchases from working
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented downloading books from iCloud
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Fixes an issue where receiving a specific series of Unicode characters causes device to reboot
- Fixes an issue that prevented GPS accessories from providing location data
- Fixes an issue where deleted Apple Watch apps could re-install
Follow direct download links as soon as the firmware be available on Apple’s servers. Currently, there is iOS 8.4 only a delta update.
Other changes occurred as the removal of “Shake to mix” which is now reserved for accessibility settings. Meanwhile, audio books are now available from the iBooks application.