Kodi 17.2 has been made available to download. This new version is release to fix subtitle zip security flaw is only available on both the Green Robot Google Play Store and the official Kodi website , but not for other operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry, and iOS.
Kodi is a multimedia player with infinite potentialities. It naturally offers little content and may look like an advanced version of VLC. With the right settings and with the right add-ons, you can still see everything: TV, Sports, Cinema, Music and everything that falls into the streaming category.
Kodi 17.2 full changelog:
- Fix selection after channelgroup switching in PVR guide window
- Fix handling of gaps that caused eradic [sic] behaviour in EPG grid
- Allow backing out of fullscreen pictures by mapping longpress guesture [sic]
- Quick fix for wake up command not being called in PVR power management
- Use alternative method to check if platform updates have been installed on Windows
- Set the minimum version in the code which is currently OSX 10.8
- Fix possible security flaw which could abused .zip files which try to traverse to a parent directory
- Use the correct ttc font from the video file for subtitles on Windows
- Detect and delete zero-byte database files which causes crashes
The release of Kodi 17.2 version will delete bugs that crashes the program and developers will work on a more secure addons for users