Apple released OS X Mavericks Server software that allows to sync contacts , schedule meetings ,publish wikis , share files , host a website configure an iPhone, iPad, and Mac to gain remote access to the network. The package can be used by OS X Mavericks users.
Among the features of OS X Mavericks Server company allocates simplified file sharing , Wiki Server, Profile Manager , a buffer server , Time Machine, postal services , servers, calendar, contacts and messages , a virtual private network , Xsan, as well as the ability to automate the installation and upgrade to OS X computers in the local network.
Server software is now available for download directly from the Mavericks in the Mac App Store. At the request of Apple, OS X Server quickly and easily transforms your Mac into the new operating system in the server ideal for home offices , companies , educational institutions and computer enthusiasts.
- File sharing for Mac, PC and iPad.
- The standard file services SMB2, AFP and WebDAV.
- A flexible system of access rights to files.
- Search Spotlight.
- Mobile device management system for Mac and devices with iOS.
- Simplified Management and Deployment for iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks.
- Distribution of licensed programs and books acquired within the framework of the bulk purchase .
- Administration Console is a web-based interface.
- Self-service portal for clearing codes , passwords , remote lock and wipe data .
The caching server
- Acceleration software download Apple.
- Local caching programs , books , materials, iTunes U, software updates and images to restore OS X.
- A fault-tolerant architecture with redundant cache for multiple servers and load balancing mechanism .
- To configure client devices are not required .
- Xcode 5 allows you to create robot software for continuous integration , assembly , analysis, and testing for any Mac running OS X Server.
- Bots can perform the integration in a given time or permanently , as the code is sent to the store.
- Automate testing programs for OS X and iOS, running them on multiple connected devices with iOS.
- Create your own Git repository running OS X Server or connect to remote hosts and Git version control systems .
- Remote access to detailed summaries of integration and assembly at night through a web interface.
- Place your backup Mac on your network.
- Keep track of which computers to be backed up , when it is performed for the last time and what is the size of the backup .
- Ask your Time Machine volume storage for each user.
- Shared calendars , scheduling meetings and events , booking meeting rooms.
- Server CalDAV, available with Mac, iPad, iPhone and PCs with Windows.
- View the availability of users and search for the status of ” free / busy “.
The server contacts
- Synchronize contacts with Mac, iPad and iPhone.
- Ability to open and update contacts among multiple users.
- Server CardDAV.
- The page editor with features instant formatting , add images , videos, and attachments.
- Tools access control.
- Tags , and comments.
- History of edits .
- Server -based SMTP, IMAP and POP.
- Active notification.
- Encryption SSL.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Secure remote access to network services.
- VPN connections for Mac, iPad, iPhone and PCs with Windows.
- File Sharing SAN block-level access for simultaneous read / write .
- Placement and configuration of volumes Xsan.
- Volume management , storage pools , and a comparison of the distribution of data volumes.
- Tracking , schedules and event notifications in real time.
- Local and remote management.
- Setting up users and groups.
- Graphs server utilization in real time.
- Notification of changes in the network, after certification , the use of storage , etc.
Download OS X Server for Mavericks can be found at the Mac App Store.