The public version of iOS 7 will appear in a few weeks. Operating system, each user can set the iPhone and newer models. As is often the case with major updates, some devices do not fully support all functions of the OS, due to technical limitations. From this it follows that we expect in iOS 7, and whether to upgrade to the new firmware to users of old iPhone and iPad? We decided to consider this issue.
Go to the next version of the software is always advisable, as it gives access to new features and fixes some security issues. This also applies to iOS 7, which Apple has implemented a large number of innovations: item control, AirDrop, FaceTime-audio, blacklist and more. The most important change in the system – completely redraw the GUI.
The downside is any update errors. In the case of Apple iOS 7 conducted a comprehensive testing of the operating system through the beta versions that are downloaded and installed several million people around the world. This gave the company the opportunity to advance to detect and remove all the major bugs.
It is known that the new system provides for certain restrictions in connection with the capabilities of mobile devices. For example, iOS 7 can not be installed on the iPhone 3GS and iPod touch fourth generation. Accordingly, all newer models support the following platform are supported: iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch fifth generation, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad third and fourth generations.
However, some operating function will only be available on certain models:
- Panoramic picture : only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G.
- Square format photography : only on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (third generation and above), iPod touch 5G and iPad mini.
- Filters in the chamber : only on the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G. The filters in the photos are available on the iPhone 4 and newer, iPad (third-generation), and iPod touch 5G and iPad mini.
- AirDrop : Only on the iPhone 5, iPad fourth generation, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G; account is required for iCloud.
- Siri : available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad anywhere with Retina-display, iPad mini, and iPod touch (fifth generation). It requires an Internet connection. New male and female voices will initially be available in English, German and French.
Graphical interface iOS 7 will display differently on different devices. For example, the iPhone 4, presented in 2010, you will not see the effect of transparency and shadows. This is due to hardware limitations of these smartphones.
Key features of the new platform also will be available on all devices. Including control point and voice calls FaceTime. The same applies to the black list, thumbnails in the panel multitasking, full-screen Safari and updated search Spotlight, which will benefit owners of all devices without exception.
So should you upgrade your iPhone, iPad or iPo touch?
iPhone 4 . Most likely, iOS 7 will be the last update for the iPhone 4. The phone does not work very well with iOS 6. Given the new graphics and other changes to the “seven”, a situation not likely to improve. Transparency and other effects will be stronger load outdated processor A4. We recommend you to install iOS 7 for iPhone 4, but if you really want to update the look of the system and take advantage of some innovations firmware.
iPhone 4S . This phone is much more advanced hardware than the previous modification. So most of the functionality on iOS 7 devayse this will work fine. Recommended upgrade.
iPhone 5 . Apple’s flagship smartphone supports all features of the new OS. If you have the most current at the time of the device, you definitely should I ask on iOS 7. Even if you upgrade your iPhone 5, you still wont’t regret it.