Now not even a day after the authentic launch of the iPhone 4S has alreadyannounced that the developer Steven Troughton-Smith has successfully ported the user interface and other code snippets from the iPhone to a 4S iPhone 4.But at that time lacked a crucial feature, because at this time Siri GUI Dictation and Voice Command was able to communicate on the iPhone 4 is not with Apple's servers and therefore could not respond to voice commands Siri.
On the iPhone 4S launch date just a couple of weeks ago, we broke the news that developer Steven Troughton-Smith had successfully ported the Siri user-interface and some of the underlying code from the iPhone 4S onto the iPhone 4. The port was functional except for the most important part: talking to Apple’s servers. Now, Troughton-Smith has followed up with Chpwn to get the server fully working on an iPhone 4 and iPod touch.
Was a few hours, however, by 9to5Mac announced that Troughton-Smith, a fully functional port of Siri on an iPhone 4 and has performed iPod touch 4G.Together with the jailbreak developers Chpwn have now managed to connect to the Apple server to bring to pass. Mark Gurman has sat down with the hacker Troughton-Smith and conducted a detailed interview to get more information about the porting experience.
The key points or important statements from the interview:
- The port was made possible by a jailbreak on an iPhone 4S
- By gejailbreakte iPhone 4S crucial files could be exported from the iPhone 4S (proprietary packages or files)
- From a gejailbreakten iPhone 4S, a validation is required token.Therefore, a separate iPhone 4S provided by Siri bring on an older device running IOS
- For these reasons, Siri for older IOS devices will not be delivered on an official Cydia Tweak
- Probably after the release of the iPhone jailbreak 4S will be published a detailed guide that explains the complete porting of Siri
- It is also possible that illegal packages are put together to offer Siri for older IOS devices (possibly for a fee)