At the end of 2011 , realizing the importance of providing Internet services to owners of portable devices , Microsoft has released SkyDrive mobile app for iOS, which provided the iPhone and iPad users the opportunity to exchange and synchronize data between electronic devices. Today, the Redmond company has released a new version of the program , which has received an updated design in the style of iOS 7 and a number of new features.
SkyDrive application allows you to store files in the cloud and access them from any device. You can download a service including pictures and videos from the iPhone and iPad, getting access to this data , ” literally on the fly.” In SkyDrive 4.0 , Microsoft introduced a feature “Backing film ” for automatic download of multimedia content in the cloud, and improved integration with Office Mobile for iPhone.
“In SkyDrive , you can save your files to always have access to them. You can add photos and videos to SkyDrive from your iPhone or iPad, and then watch them on your PC , Mac, tablet or phone. Thanks to SkyDrive for iOS is easy to access files , manage, and share them , even while on the road. “
The main competitor of Microsoft’s development is a popular web service Dropbox. In order to start using SkyDrive, you must create an account on the site SkyDrive.com. Then you can begin to upload files from a computer running Windows or Mac and work with them from the phone or tablet.
What’s new on SkyDrive for iOS:
- Use of film archiving to automatically add photos and videos to SkyDrive.
- Browse all your files in SkyDrive , and files shared with you more.
- Share files by sending links to them via email or get a link that you can copy and paste.
- Move, delete , rename files , and create new folders .
- Open files from SkyDrive in other applications iOS, including Office Mobile for iPhone.
- Instantly get access to recently opened documents.
If you already use Hotmail, Messenger, or Xbox LIVE, then you already have an account SkyDrive. You just need to download the client SkyDrive account and enter the data in the program.
Download SkyDrive for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad [Direct Link]