A New beta iOS 5 = new beta RedSnow , the software of the Dev Team jailbreak. Version 0.9.8b4 allows tethered jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 4 on both Mac and Windows. The transition to the latest beta iOS moreover caused problems for those jailbroken iOS 3 beta 5. Indeed, Apple has now enabled updates OTA (over-the-air) making the process more light and therefore download faster. The Apple has played since the end jailbroken devices can not enjoy it. And they must go through the traditional method, ie iTunes.
Handling is the same on Mac or Windows.
1. Download iOS 5 beta 4 via the link above.
2. Open iTunes 10.5 Beta 4 and connect your device.
3. While holding the Shift key (Windows) / Option (Mac), click on “Update” or “Restore” Select your iOS 5 beta 4.
4. Once restored, open Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 .
5. Click “Browse” and select iOS 5 beta 4 that you downloaded and click “Next”.
6. Select ” Install Cydia “.
7. Put yourself now in DFU mode. Switch off your device and follow the instructions below:
- Press the POWER button for 3 seconds
- While still pressing the power button, hold the HOME button for 10 seconds
- Release the power button, keep pressing the HOME button for 15 seconds
8. Your device is under jailbreak. Upon restart, you will have a jailbroken iOS 5 beta 4 so tethered.
As you have a tethered jailbreak, you will need a computer to restart your machine if it runs out of battery or you turn it off. Here’s how to put a paw on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch jailbroken so tethered.
1. Repeat steps # 4 and # 5 of the first part.
2. Uncheck “Install Cydia” and select ” Boot Tethered Just Right Now . ”