For many, Tweetbot is the best Twitter client for iOS (and OS X) and had to use the official client for not having available a native version for iPad. This new version is now compatible with the iPhone and iPad, both at the same time! This new iPad support should please most of you use Tweetbot which is simply the best Twitter client.
Besides, Tweetbot 4 arrives with important news, especially for the iPad version. It also includes quick response, landscape mode and a new column with all the activity, allowing us to see who follows us, who sets our tweets as favorites, etc. There is also a new option to see the daily statistics.
Tweetbot 4 highlights:
- iPad support (Universal)
- Landscape support on iPhone and iPad
- New Statistics and Activity view.
- New Column view in landscape on iPad and the iPhone 6 Plus
- Split View multi-tasking on iPad
- More granular mute filter settings
- Quick Reply from notifications
- Safari view controller with support for content blockers
- Improved user profiles
- Improved status detail
- Refreshed user interface
- Many optimizations ender the hood
Other notable features include:
- Support for 3rd party services
- Add multiple accounts
- Powerful mute filters
- Push notifications
- Customizable navigation (iPhone)
- Save and edit tweet drafts
- Edit and view lists
- Wi-Fi timeline streaming
- Timeline sync across multiple devices
- Send images in direct messages
- Night theme for low-light reading
- Smart gestures to quickly access tweet details, reply, retweet and favorite.
- Status display customization
For now, still some of the many features that made me have Tweetbot, such as iCloud sync with other instances of Tweetbot.
If you are thinking of buying it, now it is the time, as it is with 50% discount and is priced at $4.99, which is supposed to be priced at $9.99 shortly. A high price if we consider that this is the price at which we buy the Mac version.
Download Tweetbot 4 for iPhone and iPad from App Store