This new replace (ERE27) for Nexus One brings the so much wanted reputable reinforce for multi-touch in Net Browser, Maps and 3D Gallery. You could now eventually use pinch-to-zoom gestures identical to how one can on an iPhone. This replace additionally fixes the 3G problem which has been bugging T-Cell customers. Your entire function listing as illustrated on the authentic weblog is as follows.
Google Goggles: this cell utility will now be on hand straight away to your software with the aid of launching it out of your All Apps menu. Simply use your Nexus One digital camera to start out looking the net
Google Maps: the Maps utility with be up to date to a brand new model, Google Maps 3.4, in order to embrace:
- Starred gadgets synchronized with maps.google.com – get admission to your favourite locations out of your cellphone or pc
- Search tips from your own maps.google.com historical past – makes it simple to seek for locations you’ve looked for earlier than
- Night time mode in Google Maps Navigation– mechanically adjustments your monitor at evening for more uncomplicated viewing and using
This OTA replace is presently being pushed out and it’s going to take Google at the least per week sooner than the rollout completes. You’re going to no longer be brought on for the legit replace if you’re on a rooted Nexus One with customized ROM put in. On the other hand rooted Nexus One customers with inventory ROM can be supplied the OTA replace by the use of the constructed-in replace utility in instrument itself. So should you both have a customized ROM put in, or if you’re nonetheless ready for the replace to reach, then that you would be able to as a substitute apply the directions, as posted via AndroidCentral on the way to replace your Nexus One to the most recent replace with all of the multi-touch glory.
These directions are as follows.
- Obtain the replace from right here (Google reliable) or right here (mirror).
- Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you’re using Windows, just rename it to “update” (no quotes, of course) because it’s already a zipped file.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
- With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
- You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
- On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
- Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
- Now choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course.
Model Number: Nexus One
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2 android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number: ERE27.