An inner file from the corporate reads as follows…
Apple introduces the iPad – a possibility for VZW
The iPad is anew class of instrument, between a smartphone and pc, and will likely be provided in two fashions
– WiFi best – on hand April three, 2010
– Wi-Fi + 3G – delivery late April
Sounds nice, however is not iPad unique to AT&T?
– iPad may not be offered right away via AT&T
– Gross sales, customer support & billing will likely be treated by way of Apple
– Clients who buy the 3G model & need 3G functionality will want to buy an information plan to make use of AT&T’s 3G community
– The 3G iPad is priced $a hundred thirty greater than the Wi-Fi best model, plus the price of a 3G carrier plan.
The iPad is a chance for VZW!
– Why pay extra for the 3G model & get 3G carrier on an overloaded community with restricted protection?
– Shoppers who buy the Wi-Fi simplest iPad can use the ……
Whereas the use of the Wi-Fi model with a MiFi sort software sounds just right, how is Verizon planning to persuade individuals to pay $60/month for 5GB whereas AT&T is providing $30/month for limitless?[via Engadget]