The popular VLC media player for iOS devices is back in the App Store two years after being removed. The program has been almost completely rewritten using best ideas and algorithms, the developers have implemented new features.
There are versions of VLC for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and other systems. In September 2010, the development first became available to users of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, but not for long. After a few months of Apple removed it from the store App Store. The company attributed this to the fact that VLC gives an open license agreement GNU, which is released under the program – that is because of digital protection App Store. A year ago, she made her debut version of VLC for Android.
It is learned that the developers have resolved all legal issues concerning applications for iOS. In the coming hours the iPhone and iPad owners will be able to download a completely rewritten version of VLC, which allows you to play music and video in all formats from both the mobile devices and the Internet. Among the features of the free player developers call integration with Dropbox and the ability to download content over a wireless network Wi-Fi.
Features of VLC for iOS:
- Download via Wi-Fi – users can upload files to iOS-device via a web browser on Mac and PC.
- Integration with Dropbox – reproduction of the information of cloud storage or copying files to your device for offline work.
- Internet Download – Download files from any web server for offline playback.
- Broadcast streaming – Play any streaming broadcasts from the Internet.
- Integration with third-party applications – it can play the files using VLC can be of any software in iOS.
- MSU – adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and other parameters of the video in real time.
VLC is developed since 2001. One of its main advantages – no need to download additional codecs for playback of multimedia. VLC is the de facto standard platform multimedia player for Mac. In February last year, there was a second version of the program that has received a lot of new features, including an updated interface and native disk support Blu-Ray.
Version of the player for iOS now available for download in the Australian and New Zealand App Store, and for a few hours will be released in all branches of the Apple App store.