VLC is one of the best players we can use completely free for nearly all existing mobile platforms and desktop on the market. It offers support for almost all video formats, including MKV and subtitles, and audio except AC3, by licensing issues (if paid would no longer be free). If you want to enjoy your movies AC3 sound, you’ll pay for a compatible application.
This new update is write again completely from scratch to make it compatible with watchOS 2. But it is not the only change that has brought this Christmas update VLC. To start VLC is already compatible with the Split View feature of IOS 9 which enables us to see our favorite movie while we retrieve, for example, our Twitter account or Facebook. They have also added support for Touch ID, allowing us to protect our films by our fingerprint.
What’s new in VLC 2.7 version:
- Run on iOS 7.0 or later
- Added support for SMB file sharing.
- Added support for global search on “Spotlight”.
- Added support improved user interface for right-to-left languages.
- Added support for split-screen appearance in iOS in September.
- Added support for Touch ID to unlock application.
- Option to set the continuous play.
- Option to configure gestures.
- Added support for music albums with more than 1 disc.
- Cloud credentials.
Another important development, at least for users of VLC on devices running on versions prior to 9 iOS is that it is no longer compatible with iOS 6.1 as it was so far, requiring at least have iOS 7 installed in the device that want install to enjoy our films, series or favorite music.
Download VLC for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch from the App Store