With every iOS 8 build released to developers every two weeks, Apple is adding new features. In this article, we are taking a closer look on what the fith beta of iOS 8 firmware brought including changes and updates that have affected both the appearance and functionality of the platform. iOS 8 beta 5 for the build number 12A4345d available for all developers and can be downloaded by going going to the Settings -> General -> Software Update on your device or simply by visiting Apple Dev Center, the list of supported devices are: iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, iPad 2, 3, 4, Air, iPad mini and mini 2 with Retina display, as well as the iPod Touch 5G. Note that the installation requires iTunes version 11.2 or higher.
What’s new in iOS 5 beta 8:
- Health received a new section “Spirometry” responsible for displaying the volume and velocity parameters of breath, changed the switch “on the screen is locked.”
- Health app appeared last beta item Settings HomeData now called HomeKit;
- Voice messages in iMessage got a new sound signal sent;
- A long press on the button to select the keyboard language, a new switch, activating the “Predictive text”.
- Predictive text in iOS 8 have security settings for new applications, including – for Health;
- Wallpaper Settings: HomeKit in wallpaper Setting panel got rid of the dim slider;
- Fixed errors when making calls with the iPhone via the Mac and iPad;
- Siri gained access to the management of new applications, in particular – iBooks and Podcasts;
- iCloud Drive now allows you to select the option to save images in full resolution – only in the cloud or on the device and in the cloud;
- In Settings, there is a new iCloud sections, Reset family access, iCloud Drive, Backup and Keychain;
- Fixed a bug when displaying Spotlight search ;
- SMS Relay: use the Continuity, allowing to receive SMS from the phone number on the iPhone iPad and Mac, now you must take the appropriate request.
In the Mail / Other calendars appeared Islamic, Chinese, and Jewish calendar. new calendars in iOS 8 beta 5 .