The most anticipated feature of WhatsApp in recent months is here. After seeing how it was implemented in Android, it’s time to make the leap to iOS. With the new update for this one can find in the App Store, we can make VoIP calls to other users directly through the application, a feature that many expected as water in May.
But beware, the update does not come only with the inclusion of calls, but brings some respects the most interesting and became very necessary for frequent users of the application, namely:
- WhatsApp Calling: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. Data charges may apply. Note: WhatsApp Calling is rolling out slowly over the next several weeks.
- iOS 8 share extension: Share photos, videos, and links right to WhatsApp from other apps..
- Edit your contacts right from WhatsApp.
- Send multiple videos at once and crop and rotate videos before sending them.
- Quick camera button in chats: Now you can capture photos and videos, or quickly choose a recent camera roll photo or video.
This update is one of the largest that has been made in the popular messaging platform in a while and we truly believe that the calls (which will be activated in the coming days) may mark a before and after, as were many they were eager to use their data rate to call, something that can really be a huge blow for operators. This is a question that only time will get clear.
Download: WhatsApp for iPhone on the App Store