An owner of a Galaxy S6 Edge+ did not have any luck when charging at the outlet up in flames, on the bed while charging, not covered with a sheet or bag, so no overheating was not to be.but he himself nothing happened. On Reddit user needs_tree_fiddy describes the event as follows: He had his Galaxy S6 Edge Plus not charged with the included AC adapter, but with an official Samsung accessories for his old Galaxy S3. Actually, this should not cause problems this.

When the phone was on the bed,  suddenly made a hissing sound, and started to smoke. And for charging the owner used a proprietary power supply from not new, but the working Samsung Galaxy S3. Moreover, according to a local Florida service (event happened in America), this charger could cause a fire. Perhaps this was because of mechanical damage to the phone or battery is defective.

“I was not using the charger that it came with, but I was using a Samsung charger that I got with my GS3. The phone was not under my pillow, but it was lying next to me on my bed. I woke up to the sound of it sizzling and nasty fumes erupting from it.”


The pictures can be seen that the injured and carrying case. I do not think that this strip could cause a problem that could cause the unit to catch fire. In any case, I do not advise to use with phones incomprehensible charging in order to avoid problems. Alas, from the factory marriage no one is immune.

(Source: Turkeylord_2 [Reddit])

Follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Facebook Page, find us on LinkedIn