A month in the past, we offered learn how to enable FaceTime with a jailbroken device. Only problem, some do not like this underground world. They prefer to stay on an official firmware to ensure additional security.Therefore, they can not have video calling Apple's 3G without unsealing the box. But iSpazio had a thought for them and now delivers a modified version of the software Redsn0w .
Certainly it is required to check "Jailbreak", but no box "Install Cydia". Here is the trick.Redsn0w will use the fault Geohot – Limera1n – to write the new line of code.
- iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1 installed / Not compatible with iPhone 4S
- The IOS firmware 5.0 (it will be required) - Download
- Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 modified - Download
- A Mac
How to Activate FaceTime over 3G on iOS 5 with redsn0w:
1. Run the modified version of Redsn0w and click on "Extras."
2. Click on "Select IPSW" and select previously downloaded iOS 5.0.
3. Once recognized, click "Back" and "Jailbreak."
4. Put your iPhone into DFU mode:
- Press the POWER button for 3 seconds
- While still pressing the power button, hold the HOME button for 10 seconds
- Release the POWER button, press and hold the HOME button for 15 seconds
5. Uncheck "Install Cydia" and check "Enable FaceTime over 3G."
6. Exit Redsn0w and your device will reboot.
If everything went well, FaceTime on 3G is supposed to be activated. Remember, the interest to enable FaceTime in these conditions can override the initial limit imposed by Apple, or use Wi-Fi Be careful though, FaceTime can consume your package quickly. Take a look to your consolidated to ensure that no off-plan is made.
For more coverage on iHelplounge, Follow us on twitter , Become a Fan on Facebook, add us to your circle on Google+ to Stay updated about the new iPhone, News, best iPhone Applications , iOS, Mac OS X, Apps