One Nexus telephones usually are not forgotten, at the least learn it a topic of hours it begins to get a brand new replace.
Even if smaller, it’s vital that you replaceto repair some vulnerabilities within the earlier model which is none as opposed to Froyo.
It is receiving via OTA, not knowing exactly correct, but what is clear is that we must upgrade, always taking concerns.
It weighs almost 4MB and is that bit more of these megas not be much in terms of updates, at least I think.
This only works for now in USA and may eliminate a vulnerability known as Universal Androot.
The download file comes from official servers of Google and includes a manual for further installation.
As discussed in Androidandme, it is easy to run in the Nexus One , and we recommend making a backup of SO.
To manually install Android 2.2.1 on the Nexus One, perform the following steps:
- Download the official Android 2.2.1 firmware for the Nexus One from Google’s server here.
- Copy the file to the root directory (aka not inside any folder) of your microSD card and name it update.zip (newb warning: not update.zip.zip)
- Power off your phone.
- Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
- Wait for your phone to load the skating Androids screen. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
- When you see the “/!” symbol, press the POWER button and the VOLUME UP button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be “Apply sdcard:update.zip”.
- Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
Feel free to ask me any question you might encounter while runnig into any problem during the jailbreak process.
You can grab this new version either through the link given below.
Download Android One 2.2.1 for Nexus One
iPhone Jailbreak coverage:
- Follow ihelplounge on twitter
- Subscribe to our Feed
- Become a Fan on Facebook
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel