Many users have complained that the iOS 13.2 software update was bricking their HomePods. Shortly after its released, some users on Reddit and social media platforms started reporting issues with the update.
Apple corrected the software issues with iOS 13.2.1 update after a few hours and warned consumers not to restore their HomePods or remove them from the Home app.
The new version 13.2.1 software update is intending to correct the bricking problem and its release notes are the same as the update 13.2.
Remember that the update provides support for the new HomePod features:
- The ability of “HomePod” to recognize the voices of different family members to offer a personalized experience
- Distribute music, podcasts or phone calls by bringing your iPhone closer to “HomePod”
- Add music to your “HomeKit” scenes
- Play relaxing high-quality soundtracks with Ambient Sounds
- Set sleep timers to fall asleep to music or ambient sounds
The new software will be installed automatically, but you can also update and manually by checking your software version.