The controversy about the battery, the degradation and consumption that Apple imposes on many users was supposed to have the days numbered. More because we were looking at the horizon iOS 11.2.5, a version with few functionalities at the operational level, but that was supposed to be solving problems that iOS has been dragging on for some time.
Nothing is further from reality, Apple has just released iOS 11.2.5 and we have no trace of the new battery management capabilities they proposed. On the other hand, if you have seen fit to include a small review about HomePod, very close to its launch.
In short, they end up announcing a product that we can not buy in Spain, capabilities that we can not enjoy in Spain (or in many other Spanish-speaking countries) and supposed improvements and bug fixes, taking into account the latest occurred, one almost quakes.
Anyway this update has not come alone, could not miss its version of watchOS 4.2.2 which also includes improvements and bug fixes, hand in hand with versions 11.2.5 for tvOS (in the same line) and of course macOS High Sierra that arrives at a new version that has the famous solutions for the vulnerabilities of the Intel processors called Specter and Meltdown.
To update head over to go to Settings → General → Software Update from your device. We have little to say about this new update but we are already testing it if we find something that Apple has ignored in its concise notes.
For more information, the official release notes are below.
iOS 11.2.5 includes support for HomePod and introduces the ability for Siri to read the news (US, UK and Australia only). The update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
– Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
– Siri can now read the news, just ask, “Hey Siri, play the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sports, Business or Music.
Other improvements and fixes
– Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
– Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
– Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
– Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
– Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level
Apple iOS 11.2.5 security details: