Apple released another software update introducing iOS 13.2.2 and iPadOS 13.2.2 to fix background app performance.
As for new features, the version number suggests that it is a minor update, therefore, this new software has no new important features for the end-user, but merely introduces bug fixes and system improvements, as we can read from the changelog:
- Fixes an issue that could cause apps to quit unexpectedly when running in the background
- Resolves an issue where iPhone may temporarily lose mobile signal after a call
- Addresses an issue where mobile data may temporarily not be available
- Fixes an issue that caused replies to S/MIME encrypted email messages between Exchange accounts to be unreadable
- Addresses an issue where using Kerberos single sign-on service in Safari may present an authentication prompt
- Resolves an issue where charging may be interrupted on YubiKey Lightning-powered accessories.
This update resolves the problem encountered by some users regarding the aggressive management of RAM, which led the system to shut down services in the background.
All you have to do to update your iPhone and iPad, go to Settings> General> Software Update.