Apple released iOS 11.2 for all users. This release comes just a few hours after the Beta 6 and there is a particular reason why Apple has chosen to release this update so quickly.
iOS 11.2, in fact, fixes several bugs and improves the overall performance of Apple mobile devices, but in addition to this it also introduces Apple Pay Cash to send money to other people through iMessage and fast wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. The real reason for all this “urgent”is because the release of the update comes after six beta published recently had definitely a new bug in the calendar.
Here is the complete changelog released by Apple:
- Send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
- Adds support for faster 7.5W wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.
The update is now available for download via iTunes or Settings> General> iOS Software Update from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running on iOS 11. The update is recommended for all users.