Apple has released new updates for iPhone and iPad: iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6 are available a few minutes ago.
iOS 13.6 adds support for Car Keys, introduces audio stories to Apple News+, and contains a new symptoms section in the Health app. This new version also includes bug fixes and system speed improvements.
Through Car Key, you will be able to easily access your car by using our iPhone or Apple Watch upon compatibility. The pairing process is performed through the Wallet app, so you need to have the car manufacturer’s app to proceed with the configuration. Users must place the iPhone over the NFC reader in the car during the initial process, for CarKey availability in the Wallet app. We can even share the keys via iMessage, for example with family members.
Audio news stories in Apple News+
- Audio Stories are narrated versions of some of the best readings that can be found on Apple News +, selected and produced by Apple News publishers as part of the Apple News + subscription.
- Apple News Today is a new free audio briefing on the main stories of the day collected by the Apple News editors, also available in the Podcast app
- A new Sound tab makes it easy to search for Apple News Today and Apple News + audio stories
- CarPlay allows you to listen to Apple News Today and Apple News +
- Local news in the feed today provides broad coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
- More stories available from local news providers with an Apple News+ subscription
- The daily Apple News newsletter can now be personalized with stories that reflect our interests
Symptom Category in Health app
- New category for symptoms in the Health app, including symptoms recorded by Cycle Tracking and ECG
- Ability to record new symptoms, such as fever, chills, sore throat or cough, and share them with third-party apps
To update your iPhone or iPad go to Settings → General → Software Update
Finally, Apple has also released update 13.4.8 for HomePod, which does not offer new features, but instead focuses on “general improvements in stability and quality”.