Apple has just released the first public beta of iOS 12.2, an update that has made several new features on iPhone and iPad.
Compared to the beta released for developers only, the public beta of iOS 12.2 can be installed by all users registered in the public beta testing program
iOS 12.2 beta new features
These are the new features found so far in the iOS 12.2 beta:
- Support for AirPods 2 with Hey Siri.
- Apple News starts in Canada.
- Support for HomeKit TV introduced
- Added TV controls in the Casa app
- Redesigned the Control Center remote control
- Changed the interface of the Wallet app
- Added the “Air quality” function in Maps
- Identification of insecure sites
- New options to Pause for use in Screen Time
- Apple also released the public beta 1 of tvOS 12.2.
If you are a public beta tester, you can download the required beta profile via the developer website and then install the beta OTA from your phone by going to Settings > General > Software Update . The iOS 12.2 beta download is available for the iPhone and iPad.
If you used earlier beta’s from iOS 11, you will first have to delete your ‘old’ iOS 11 beta profile. Public testers can participate by signing up for the public beta of iOS.