The new update of watchOS 8.7 introduces nothing new but is limited to introducing bug fixes and performance improvements. watchOS 8.7 is a new update in which Apple seems to fix some bugs and issues. There have been several betas recently, but nothing new to report. However, a few bugs such as a draining battery or the screen not responding correctly occasionally appear among Apple Watch users.
Compatible Apple Watches:
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Apple Watch SE
watchOS 8.7 can be downloaded for free via the Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General> Software Update or using the following methods.
To perform the update, do the following on the paired iPhone:
- Go to My Watch > General.
- Tap Software Update and wait for the update to download.
- Hang the Apple Watch on the charger and wait patiently for the update to install.
Keep the paired iPhone nearby so you don’t disrupt the update process while the Apple Watch is updating. Also, make sure that your Apple Watch remains connected to the charger.
You can also update directly via the Apple Watch:
- Open the Settings app on the Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Software Update.
- Wait for the Apple Watch to search for the update.
- Tap Download.
After downloading, place the Apple Watch on the charger. The installation will start automatically.