After upgrading, if for some unknow reason you are un-happy with the latest iOS 9.3.1, there is a way to Downgrade iOS 9.3.1 back to iOS 9.3 or iOS 9.2.1 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch by following the steps below. In fact, some users are experiencing problems sending videos from WhatsApp, so if you want to downgrade back to iOS 9.3 and below there is an simple explanation of everything you need to know.
- Backup your data before performing an upgrade process or revert to a previous version in case something goes wrong .
- Disable “Find My iPhone”.
- For now, only iOS 9.2.1 and iOS 9.3 (plus iOS 9.3.1 ) are signed, so you can only go down to one of these two versions.
- The latest version of iTunes, which is always important..
How to downgrade iOS 9.3.1 to iOS 9.3 or 9.2.1
- After checking all the above pre-requisites and things to consider, go to our downlaod page and download the iOS firmware you want to downgrade to.
- Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your computer.
- iTunes will be automatically launched, in case it doesn’t launch it, Click on your device.
- Then press the ALT key on Mac or Windows Shift down on you device, click on “Restore iPhone” .In the window that will appear, look for the firmware you downloaded in step 1.
- Accept and wait for it to install the new-old version.