Except now, it was once very tough to spark off FaceTime on the iPad.&#a hundred and sixty;The method used to be&#a hundred and sixty;long and perilous . But that's ancient history, thanks iFacePad FaceTime you can install in minutes. Follow the guide! here’s the method for using iFacePad, though for now at least, it’s Mac-only.
- Download the app – iFacePad
- Get hold of iOS 4.2.1 for the iPad from here.
- Download PhoneDisk
- Jailbreak your iPad on 4.2.1 (untethered)
- Fire up Cydia on your iPad and install OpenSSH and AFC2 (AFC2 is installed by default if you used GreenPois0n)
- Run PhoneDisk, enable Root and connect to it.
- Run iFacePad.app and reboot.
- Call someone!
That should get you up and running, but if you do find iFacePad doesn’t launch then check the permissions are set correctly for
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IMcore.framework/IMAgent.app is set 755.
For more coverage on iHelplounge:
- Follow us on twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to our Feed
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel