With Siri, the iPhone 4S voice assistant, Apple has given somewhat a facelift to tool of its form.&#one hundred sixty;Sadly, Siri accuses few weaknesses in the case of browse the Net to fulfill our well-liked questions.&#a hundred and sixty;Due to this fact, the builders of Real Information made up our minds to create their very own Siri, who adopted the title of Evi.
Evi is currently available in English for all iOS 5 iDevices. With an artificial intelligence able to answer all our questions of everyday life, Evi could be a quality alternative to Siri. The strength of Evi is that it does not try to interpret the question to return a best answer possible.
Local information are reserved for their part in the United States and Great Britain. Can also interact with iOS: forget reading new messages, the addition of an appointment or sending emails that are all actions supported by Siri.
Evi works quite well. Lacks this wizard wealth provided by Apple to Siri: the same question usually causes the same response. The principle of conversation, however, is preserved and Evi learn as you go. System allows to indicate whether an answer is correct or not.
In fact, Evi "learns" as it asks more, the better they understand us and it improves over time, via a system of evaluation. When you give an answer, just click on thumb up or thumb down to it whether it was right. If it was wrong, it will consider the next time for that type of question.
Unlike a search engine, which simply looks for matching words and shows you a list of websites, Evi understands what you want to know and gives back exactly what you’re after.
Need to know where the nearest bank is? Not a problem. Going out for dinner but can’t decide where? She can help with that too. The more you ask, the more she will learn, and thus she is improving all the time.
- Voice or text input – Chat to Evi in plain English and she will understand
- Local information for UK and USA – Shopping, news, dining and more. Evi knows where you are and gives answers based on your location
- One tap words – Allowing you to build your question super-fast
- Built in browser – No need to swap to a different browser, view web links within Evi’s app
- A learning and adapting intelligence – Rate Evi’s answers to help her learn more about the world
- More than a search engine – Evi takes the searching out of search, able to review and compare nearly a billion facts from her database to give you exactly what you need
Evi is available on the iPhone for $0.99. [App Store Link]
Note that the editor uses the recognition engine from Nuance, we mentioned in our columns last week. This means nothing less than other versions could be created, since the algorithm Nuance is able to understand several languages
If you still have questions regarding the Evi: An aternative to Siri for Non iPhoe 4S Devices, you can either leave us a comment on our Facebook page, Follow us on twitter, add us on your Google+&#a hundred and sixty;circle&#a hundred and sixty;to Keep up to date.