Now Google sync contacts with Apple mobile devices can use the protocol CardDAV. This was announced by the company today at the support site in Import, export and synchronize your contacts.
CardDAV open protocol allows you to add, edit or delete contacts in the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, as well as to use the same contact list as on a desktop computer and on your phone or tablet.
Sync with CardDAV can only be done via a secure SSL protocol for devices running the operating system iOS 5 and above. To sync contacts with i-devaysom, follow these steps:
Open the Settings application on your device.
• Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
• Select Add Account…
• Select Other
• Select Add CardDAV Account
• Fill out your account information in the following fields:
– Server: Enter “google.com”
– User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
– Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step -verification, you’ll want to generate and enter an utility particular password.)
– Description: Enter an outline of the account (e.g. Non-public Contacts).
• Make a choice Subsequent on the prime of your reveal.
• Ensure that the “Contacts” choice is grew to become to ON.
Right through setup, open the Contacts software in your instrument. Synchronization will commence robotically.
When you have any issues with synchronization, apply these steps:
- Within the “Settings” menu, open the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and within the “Debts” find the account CardDAV. In line account need to be set to “On”.
- Should you specify this feature within the menu beneath, click on Developed, and be sure that the change from the Use SSL is about to “On”.
- If that doesn’t work, click on End within the prime of the monitor to use the account settings.
- For those who didn’t be able to synchronize contacts with CardDAV, sign up to your Google. You are going to see a warning that was once made suspicious login to your account. Verify that it’s you