Google has formally unveiled their new Android 2.zero platform nowadays which brings in quite a lot of new enhancements to the open supply working machine. Builders can now go beforehand and download the new SDK to start developing and testing their apps against the new platform.
of the new features in Android 2.0 include:
- Integration of facebook friends with Contacts.
- Faster and improved web browser with support for HTML5 standard.
- Universal Search.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange.
- Support for multitouch.
- Maps now supports Layers.
- YouTube widget.
- Built-in flash support
- Digital zoom
- Scene mode
- White balance
- Color effect
- Macro focus
- Improvements to Messaging app.
- Combined email inbox to enable viewing of messages from multiple accounts simultaneously.
- More responsive and improved virtual keyboard.
and lots of other improvements. For a detailed list of change log, you can visit Android 2.0 Developers page here.
Google has also put together a small video which shows a preview of all these new features in action: