There maybe situations when your CD-Rom or DVD-drive are not working properly, but you want to install Windows OS on your system. For the problem like these you can
create a bootable USB drive which can be used to install Windows without using DVD drives.
There is a small utlility which will help you do that. A reader at AskVG, has created a small utility which creates a bootable USB drive to install Windows Vista, Server 2008 or 7.
What would you need :
- A USB Drive (4 GB or more)
- Windows Vista, Server 2008 or 7 ISO image or DVD
- Host OS: Windows Vista (SP1 or SP2), Server 2008 or 7
How to use it..? – Follow the following steps :
Since it is a portable app you do not need installation, just run the app and check the option “I have read and accepted the following License Agreement”.
- Check USB drive (To check whether your USB drive is attached or not)
- Format USB drive
- Choose DVD or ISO image (To copy the required files to USB drive)
- Start the process to create bootable USB drive
Download Bootable USB : below
Download USB.exe file