The download and installation process is really simple. The new Google screensaver for Mac only weighs 8.1 MB so it is a very light file. Of course, it is only compatible for Mac computers with OS X version 10.9 or higher installed.
To download and install the Google Screensaver you only need to follow the next steps:
- Go to the official website that the company has launched for this reason and click the “Download screensaver” button. By the way, you can see how these selected images are displayed on your screen.
- Once the file has been downloaded to your computer, just open it and double click on it.
- Then “System Preferences” will open. Choose between the two available options ( “Install only for this user” or “Install for all users of this computer”), and press “OK”.
- You will then be prompted to enter your password.
- In the new window, select the new screen saver.
- A pop-up window appears asking you for permission to automatically update the images included in the screensaver. Press “Allow”, enter your password again, and the Google Screensaver will be installed and activated on your Mac.