Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 19th, we will be able to download the latest version of Apple’s operating system for its mobile devices, as announced on Apple keynote, September 12. Before installing the new firmware, make sure that your device is compatible.
As you can see, comes very loaded with news that will allow you to perform actions previously unheard of on an iPhone, such as ** make screen recordings **. First, you will need to check if your device is compatible with iOS 11.
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6 Plus
- Iphone 6
- iPhone SE
- Iphone 5s
- iPad Pro 12.9 inches (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inches (2nd generation)
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-Inch iPad Pro
- Fifth generation iPad
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod Touch (6th generation)
After verifying that your device is compatible, back up your data in case anything goes wrong. For this we have two options, to perform the backup in iCloud or by iTunes.
How to back up with iCloud
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings> ihelplounge and click on iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and touch iCloud.
- Setting up iCloud on iPhone
- Touch iCloud> Backup. If you are using iOS 10.2 or earlier, press Backup. Make sure iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Turn on iCloud Backup on your iPhone.
- Press Backup. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the end of the process.
Make sure the backup is complete then Go to Settings> ihelplounge > iCloud> Storage in iCloud> Manage storage, and then select your device. If you are using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings> iCloud> Storage> Manage storage and then select your device. The backup should appear with the details of when it was made and the size of the backup.
How to back up with iTunes
- Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
- If a message appears requesting the device access code or Trust this Device, follow the steps on the screen. If you forgot your access code, get help.
- Select your iPhone, iPad or iPod when it appears in iTunes. If your device does not appear in iTunes, you can fix it as well.
- If you want to save your Health and Activity data from your iOS or Apple Watch device, you must encrypt your backup: Select the Encrypt box and create a password. Enter your password and save it somewhere safe, because there is no way to recover your iTunes backups without this password. If you do not need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that is not encrypted. Just click Make Backup Now.
After upgrading to iOS 11, log in with your Apple ID to access all Apple services, such as iCloud and the App Store. Now all you have to do is wait until Tuesday to skip the update via OTA (Over The Air) on your device or connect to iTunes and do it. So you can enjoy with peace of all the news that Apple has prepared us and that are undoubtedly all advantages.