Released earlier, Pangu team has released a new tool to run the jailbreak on iOS 9.2 / 9.3.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This highly anticipated jailbreak is finally available and can now be performed with sufficient tranquility (in our tests we found no bugs or problems) following the guidance that you find within this article. You are ready? Let’s start!
Compatible devices and requirements:
The basic requirement for the proper functioning of the program is the presence of a iOS software version between the 9.2 and 9.3.3 and possession of a device with a 64-bit chip (A6 or higher).
A computer running Windows (version 7 or later is recommended).
iTunes installed on your PC.
The tool to jailbreak iOS 9.2 / 9.3.3 – download from here.
Compatible devices with this jailbreak are shown to follow:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
- iPod touch 6G, iPad mini 2
- iPad Mini 3, iPad mini 4
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7 “, iPad Pro 12.9 “
The devices are not present in this list can not be unlocked using the new Pangu tool
- Connect your device to your Windows computer
- Open iTunes and click on the icon of the connected device, and then click “Make Backup”. This will prevent iTunes will retain a copy of the data saved on your device to restore them in case of problems.
- Close iTunes and open the “pphelper_18.104.22.1682_25pp_00119_Setup” tool downloaded earlier.
- At this point the program will download the data required to perform the jailbreak. To start the download, press the green button. Let the program exhausts the necessary files before doing other operations. When finished you will find a new program on the desktop whose name starts with “PP” and the icon of the Pangu Team.
- Press the new program just added to the desktop to start the jailbreak process. Then authorized the program (if required) and press the green button.
- This will start the automatic procedure for Jailbreak. It will take a bit ‘of time, so arm yourself with a little’ healthy patience. At some point you will be asked a security code (captcha) to be inserted. Insert it and press the green button. It will take back a little ‘patience.
- some users (not all) will be asked to log in with their data during the operation of Jailbreak. Without this, the operation of Jailbreak will restart. Probably it is an additional verification needed in the case of Apple ID protected with two-pass authentication, even if everything was not officially confirmed by Pangu.
- Open the Settings app of your iOS device that you want to unlock, go to “General” and then in “Profiles.” You will find a new profile that is installed by the Pangu tool: press then “Authorize this developer” for the application to be installed, displayed and opened on your device.
- Click on the icon of the app you just installed and accept, when asked, to send push notifications from this. Done this, click on the rim and locked the device screen (which is vital, otherwise the jailbreak will not start).
At some point you will receive a notification informing you of the installation of Cydia. Unlock the device and the operation of Jailbreak will resume.
Once this process completes, the device will reboot and you then have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch updated to iOS 9.2-9.3.3! If not, please repeat the procedure following carefully the instructions.
Note: it is a Jailbreak semi-tethered, upon reboot, you will lose the jailbreak. To get it back you have to press the icon again PP Jailbreak and lock the phone will restart after a few seconds. For the moment, we should not remove any of the two Pangu app that will be installed along with Cydia after jailbreak.
As usual, when you first start Cydia will refresh the list of packages and repo. The phone will then run a final restart before being fully operational. That’s it, now you can officially consider ended the jailbreak procedure.