Pwnage Tool 3.1.3- Important Points
- If you are using an iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G(S) with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service then you should only update your device with an ipsw that is made with the new PwnageTool. There are no second chances with this. You need to remember that PwnageTool will provide an upgrade path to newer versions of the iPhone software in the future.
- PwnageTool will work for the iPhone 3GS assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
- PwnageTool will work for the iPod touch 2G assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
- PwnageTool will work for the Original iPhone (1st Generation), the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G(S), and the iPod touch (1st Generation and 2nd Generation) but not the iPod touch 3rd generation.
- For 3G and 3G(S) users who are Pwned, PwnageTool is your key to updating in the future, just remember to never install an update directly from Apple, always use an ipsw that has been created with PwnageTool.
There is no Windows version of PwnageTool it is a Mac OS X tool only.
Download PwnageTool 3.1.3 (Official Bittorrent Releases)
Download PwnageTool 3.1.3 (Mirror Links)
1.. Download the required files and make a folder on Desktop called or whatever you want and put the Firmware 3.1 and Pwnage tool in the Hackintosh folder.
2. Close all other running programs and launch the Pwnage tool from the Hackintosh folder by double click.
3. Choose your Mode, Simple Mode, or Expert Mode
- Simple Mode – This provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
- custom firmware.
- Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in the expert mode, it will make the same
In the following post, we used Expert mode for better reliability.
4. In the next window, click and select your iPhone. A big green check-mark will appear over the image you selected. Once you selected the iPhone model, then click the blue arrow button at the bottom to continue.
5. You will be brought to the “Browse for IPSW” Windows. On my Hackint0sh, it will automatically find the IPSW. If PwnageTool doesn’t find the ipsw file, you can click Browse for IPSW(Just in Case)
6. In the next screen, click to select General, then click the blue arrow button at the bottom right corner.
7. In the General Settings Screen. The General settings allow you to decide the partition size, Activate the phone, and Enable the baseband update. The most crucial step of your process, so be careful and read it 3-4 times before getting into the business. Check Activate the phone. if you are not with an official carrier, click the blue arrow button. Deselect Activate if you have an iPhone legitimately activated on an official carrier.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T), you do not need to “Unlock Baseband”, you can Uncheck “Activate the phone”.
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then check “Activate the phone” So you can enjoy Ultrasn0w with the 3.1
8. In The next window Cydia settings menu allows you to create custom packages, so you do not have to manually install them later.
- Click to select the Download packages tab. Then click the Refresh button to display all the available packages. Double-clicking the package you downloaded and make it available in the Select Packages tab.
- Checkmark the ones you want, then Click the blue arrow button.
- The Custom Packages Settings menu displays listed package settings for your custom IPSW. For now, leave these settings as is. Click the blue arrow button to continue.
9. The Custom Logos Settings menu allows you to add your own images. You can pick your custom logo settings. If you uncheck them both, the originals will remain. Once you are done, click the blue arrow button to continue.
10. You are now ready to begin the Pwnage process! Click the Build button to select it. Click the blue arrow button to begin.
11. You will be asked to save your custom ipsw file. Save it to the Pwnage folder you created on your Desktop.
- Your IPSW is not being built. Please allow up to 10 minutes.
- You will be asked to enter your administrator password. Do this, then click the OK button.
12. PwnageTool makes your iPhone into the repair mode called “Recovery Mode”, Make sure your iPhone is connected to the computer, follow
13. Put your iPhone into the recovery mode.
14. How one can put your iPhone in restoration mode.
- Flip the tool off and disconnect it from the cable/dock.
- Cling down the house button.
- Whereas maintaining down the house button connect with a pc with a cable (highest) or dock.
- Hold down the home button until you see connect-to-iTunes, then you will be in the restore mode.
When finished, your iPhone will show a picture of the iTunes brand and a USB cable. iTunes can even pop up pronouncing it has detected an iPhone in restoration mode.
15. Now, enter iTunes to revive your iPhone. Brand of man that tells iTunes detected an iPhone in DFU mode.
15. In iTunes, click the Alt/Choice key and click on Fix. Navigate to the Hackintosh folder in your personal computer the usage of the dialog window that seems. Choose the customized IPSW that you downloaded and click on the Open button. iTunes will now repair the firmware in your iPhone. This will take an additional 10 minutes.